I’m worried! 34 days since I posted the Australia parcel for this RAK and I’ve not heard anything. Here are possible scenarios:
- It’s on its way – I have no idea how long it takes to get to a remote island off the coast of Brisbane!
- I got the wrong address (I didn’t ask my cousin as I wanted it to be a surprise)
- It’s arrived but they didn’t notice my name in tiny print on the customs sticker and haven’t shared it on social media, for whatever reason
- It’s arrived but hasn’t found its way to them (I have emailed their place of work/address to see if it’s arrived but have had no response).
- It arrived but Australian customs have rejected it (tea bags allowed?) and it’s on its way back.
So, M & N, when this project is revealed and you still haven’t got your surprises, I am so sorry! I owe you some chocolate/sweets/cups of tea upon your return, if not before!
In the meantime, I really hope it arrives!
Aged 20 to 21 we both spent time living abroad in a foreign country, away from our family and friends (and each other) and away from familiarity. We both had the most amazing time, an experience which changed us as people and allowed us many opportunities and experiences that we wouldn’t have had otherwise.
It was during this time that she first fell ill. It was incredibly difficult having to leave her at such a difficult time.
It wasn’t until we returned home to see her that we realised just what we had been missing in terms of home comforts. Tea. Proper tea. I gave up trying to make tea in France – no matter what it just wasn’t the same. Cadbury’s chocolate. Maltesers. Crunchies! (As well as gravy and making anything at all in an oven as I didn’t have one!).
So when our cousin moved to Australia for a year it was an ideal opportunity to send a package of goodies – something that I would have loved to receive myself when I was away.
I took my little LJMs to the shop and we chose some items to send: Yorkshire Tea bags, dairy milk, crunchies, maltesers and a selection of kiddy sweets. We then went to the post office to package it all together and post it to Australia. The only downside is that I wasn’t allowed to keep it anonymous, as was my intention, for customs reasons! Still, I am sure it will be very well received. I just hope it gets there as I had to google the address of their resort and hope for the best!